Volunteers needed for YLHS Men’s Basketball Boosters Club
DID YOU KNOW?
• The cost of running the YLHS Men’s Basketball Program is over $60,000 a year!
• Due to past budget cuts the support provided by the school district is limited to providing facilities.
• All other operating costs, including but not limited to uniforms, athletic equipment, training equipment, first aid supplies, tournament fees, off-season leagues, coaches' stipends for both in and off-season, etc. are the direct responsibility of each sports program.
It is because of this that the role that YLHS Men’s Basketball Boosters plays at Yorba Linda High School is far different from most other “Booster” organizations. Without the support that you provide through your YLHS Men’s Basketball Boosters, the Athletics Program would quite simply not exist.
Q. How does my support of YLHS Men’s Basketball Boosters support my student-athletes teams?
A. The “Voluntary Donation” goes directly to the Program to apply towards the program’s budget. • Coaches Wish List purchases, including equipment and facilities upgrades. • Providing Liability Insurance for Team Fundraising Events.
• Maintaining our Non-Profit Corporation Status which makes it possible for donors to deduct YLHS Men’s Basketball Boosters expenses on their tax returns if they are eligible.
• Banking and Accounting Services for All Teams.
• Contingency Funds for Unforeseeable expenditures.
Q. Who determines how money is spent within a certain sports program?
A. The Varsity Head coach and the Booster Club authorize all budgeted expenses for the program for all levels (Varsity, JV, and Frosh).
Q. How is the amount requested for the “Athletics Voluntary Donation” determined?
A. Historical expenses for running each level are reviewed with the coaches and then tried to determine the minimum amount required to support each program in a competitive fashion consistent with the prior year’s. In most cases, this includes the cost of replacing uniforms every few years so that team members help to cover this cost each year.
Q. Why does my student-athletes team hold fundraisers and/or ask for additional donations?
A. This helps defray costs, assists student-athletes who give of their time but due to economic circumstances may not be able to fully fund the fair share each year, allows for families with multiple student-athletes to receive a reduced participation donation, etc.
DID YOU KNOW?
Q. How can I help?
A. There are several ways to help. In addition to financially, we are always in need of volunteers to help with a myriad of projects that come up regularly. Please feel free to contact us if you have additional questions or would like to inquire about volunteer opportunities by clicking one of the links below.
General Questions/Volunteer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your support!
YLHS Men’s Basketball President.